Waco Doomsayer: David Koresh and the Branch Davidians
David Koresh and his Branch Davidians WERE:
- The Branch Davidians were a schism of the Shepherd’s Rod, who were themselves a schism of the ‘mainstream’ SDA Church – i.e. an offshoot-of-an-offshoot.
- In 1993, worldwide attention was given to the group when a raid by US Federal authorities on the Davidian compound in Waco Texas resulted in the deaths of some 76 people – including Koresh himself.
Koresh bizarrely TAUGHT the following:
- He was the reincarnated ‘Lamb of God’ – the Christ and Son of God.
Koresh disturbingly BEHAVED in the following manner:
- He carried out various sexual abuses, including paedophilia, adultery and polygamy.
- He fathered thirteen of the group’s children by seven different mothers.